Wednesday, January 9, 2008

{january blues}

I have to admit that these first days of January have not been to bright....and while my tendency is to feel bleak and discouraged....I am reminded that GOD is for me and who can be against me. We are still waiting on our foster care license to come back and until then there is no moving forward (including no contact). It has been officially 6 weeks. However, because of the holidays our license could take closer to 8 or even 10 weeks. Please pray for us during this time. I am going to fast tomorrow to ask GOD to give us direction. We both never thought it would be this hard.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We are praying for you guys.
He is faithful in His time.

Jason and Jennifer Haynes said...

Oh I am so sorry you guys are still going through all of this. You are in my heart and prayers. I know you both have a tremendous relationship and faith in God and know He is eternally loving and faithful...but I also know that you must be experiencing deep pain from all of this. I pray it will be resolved soon.

The beautiful thing is to see your heart for AM. How many parents would cry tears like you as they are waiting for a child. No doubt God is giving AM two incredible parents and she is loved more than she can even imagine! When this reunion happens it will be so sweet, so deep and so special! I know it would have been before but in the midst of this sadness it seems like God is bringing your love for her to an incredible fullness...tears and fasting.

I hope every child feels as loved by their biological parents as she will feel by the two of you.

Love you both!

Heidi and Richard King said...

Wow, I just stopped by your site as I saw the link on Jen's. I knew you were in the middle of this adoption thing, but had no idea of what an emotional ordeal it all is. What is so apparent from just this glimpse on your blog, though, is how you love this little girl incredibly much. What a gift that is to her and to all those watching. I will pray for you all...possibly even by now (as I didn't see this post until weeks later) mountains have moved and you guys are closer to having this precious child in your home. What a beautiful sacrifice you all are continuing to make. You guys are great and will be wonderful parents. Hope to see you soon.